PlantView® Automated Training Manager
Utility and industrial companies are facing personnel training challenges on two fronts. First, they have to provide their production staff with the knowledge and skills necessary to meet higher levels of plant performance and regulation. Second, they need to accelerate the compentency time of the staff that is replacing the retiring experienced workforce.
ATM is a comprehensive Learning Management System that helps managers ensure production staff are prepared with the knowledge and skills to operate the facilities at the highest level of reliability, efficiency, safety, and environmental compliance.
Approach and Features
Going beyond e-learning, PlantView ATM helps manage the training and certification of all employees in the enterprise, including courses, mentoring, automated testing, and exercise-based on-the-job training (OJT).
- Knowledge and Skills Training ⎯ PlantView ATM provides network access to courses broken into a hierarchy of Courses, Lessons, and Elements for bite-sized learning during shifts. Course objectives are linked to knowledge and skills requirements.
- Training Enrollment and View Modes ⎯ Supervisors or employees enroll in self-study classes. A tab-based web form accesses course content, procedural OJT, skills, simulation exercises, documents, and examination material. An on-line Reference mode provides course content as a refresher to support real-time operation.
- Progression Profiling ⎯ PlantView ATM tracks learner progression and establishes course curriculum for a job classification, enabling supervisors to assign staff profiles. Administrative reports show course enrollments, completions, and skills demonstration signoff. Learners manage their training from their individual course assignment reports.
- Performance Evaluation ⎯ A testing framework administers practice tests and a loop-back feature allows users to easily review the course content associated with incorrect answers. A skills evaluation framework includes formal evaluation parameters, key prompts, assessment notes, and sign-off. Individual learner records of completed courses and qualification can be uploaded to corporate human resource systems.
- Training Configuration Mode ⎯ Simple template-directed forms help develop training material. Any user can develop HTML pages with course content with these forms. Also, forms help configure knowledge questions and skill demonstrations. A note feedback helps users give input on needed corrections to maintain quality. An administration function allows for site-specific course and user attributes.